/meta/ :: Community Meta Suggestions, questions, and conversation relating to this board
Reply to the thread 0x000038 Login | Register    
Captcha code
Board rules
  1. If you want to report a bug you can also use github.

It is imperative that you read the site rules before posting.

0x000001Suggestions for bringing more users
good morn.gif

~Branding~

>Specific, recognizable color scheme
>unique, recognizable logo
>unique, recognizable symbols/icons

~Advertisement~

>create 88x31 banners
>create header/footer banners
>create deviant art Style stamps
>encourage users to add banner ads to their personal sites to link back
>include a link or banner to divchan in your "signature" on other forums

~Team Work~

>create a form for mod applications
>encourage mods to create discussion posts, interact with new users, and interact with each other's posts
>Communicate activity/post times so there will be more frequent activity on the site through the day/week

Hopefully at least one of these suggestions can help 💓long live divchan

chat_bubble_outline Posts: 12 arrow_upward Limit: 128
0x000002
>>0x000001

hey plushie thanks for taking the time to write these ideas.

> ~Advertisement~

All of these ideas are excellent and I'd like to do all of them. Unfortunately, graphic design is not something I'm particularly skilled at. I can throw something together but most likely it won't be particularly inspired or good tbh. If you've seen the ones I have on my neocities page you know I'm pretty basic when it comes to that haha. But I do think it would help to have all these things.

> ~Branding~

This kinda goes back to what I was saying above. I'm not exactly the most skilled at design in the world. Having a new color theme is definitely something I could work on. Even without changing the design much a lot could be done with the colors.

april was working on an alternate theme at one point but I believe she lost interest in finishing it, which is understandable since I limited her to only being able to change the CSS and not the markup (since it would be very hard to change the markup without knowing python).

as for unique icons and branding... I would love to replace the Material icons but they would have be SVG icons to make sure they scale for all the screen sizes. And to be honest, I don't know the first thing about doing this. I'm not a graphic designer. That's why I just stick with what we got.

> ~Team Work~

So I'm gonna hit you with my idea which is similar to your idea in some ways.

The reason I haven't given mod to anyone yet is because there is nothing to moderate. Very few people have tried to push the envelope and its mostly easily dealt with. Giving control of the board to people just opens up an avenue to abusing moderator power, which would be worth the risk if there was stuff to moderate.

BUT... what if each board had a director, so as to create different vibe and vision and the decisions about it are made by different people than just me. This incentivizes other types of people to invest in posting and advertising.

0x000003

The only other thing I have to say is... I think the gif upload is broken in some way. Could you send me the gif that you uploaded on Discord so I can test why it broke?

0x000004

IMO make interesting topics and invite friends. It's too easy to advertise in the wrong places and for people to get the wrong idea about the community you're trying to create. Also you don't have to deal with spambots; you should keep it that way.

0x000005
>>0x000004

what if we have no friends, Anon?

0x000006
>>0x000005
> what if we have no friends, Anon?

good point, Anon.

btw https://divsel.neocities.org/divchan.gif

If anyone wants to make divchan promotional material, post/link it.

0x000008
DIVCHAN4.webp DIVCHAN3.webp DIVCHAN2.webp DIVCHAN1.webp

some buttons i made for this ^__^

0x000009
>>0x000008
> some buttons i made for this ^__^

I love these!

...although I somewhat feel like the only reason I can read the letters is because I know what they say. Maybe a monospaced font would make it easier to read. Still, much better than I could do!

0x00000a
>>0x000008
> some buttons i made for this ^__^

https://divsel.neocities.org/divchan

I made dozens of hue shift variations of buttons from the ones you made

0x00000b
>>0x000009
> I love these!
> ...although I somewhat feel like the only reason I can read the letters is because I know what they say. Maybe a monospaced font would make it easier to read. Still, much better than I could do!

i agree ( this is shai btw ) this is why i made the pink one XD if u want tho u can edit these to make the text more readable !

0x00000c

Undelete your thread on 32bit cafe?