/dank/ :: Meme Cesspool god, what is that awful stench?
Reply to the thread 0x000004 Login | Register    
Captcha code
Board rules
  1. No politics.

It is imperative that you read the site rules before posting.

0x000001Any nihilists on the board? :)
nihilist-reality.jpg
chat_bubble_outline Posts: 14 arrow_upward Limit: 128
0x000002

Nah stoic optimism is where it's at RAAAAAH

WTF IS GIVING UP???

NOTHING IN LIFE MATTERS? MAKE IT MATTER! RAAAAHHH

IF WE'RE SO INSIGNIFICANT IN THIS UNIVERSE, THEN WHY ARE YOU SO SIGNIFICANT TO ME???

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

0x000003

For me, the fact that nothing in life matters is what gives us the reigns to make something of it. If there was objective value, then we would be shackled to whatever that was. If we didn't fit into that mold, we'd be damned. But because nothing matters, it doesn't matter that life is vile and disgusting. We don't need to tell ourselves everything is beautiful. We can make the best of it.

For me nihilism isn't negativity. It's a means of making peace with reality and not being afraid of the horrible nature of its outcomes.

0x000004

I can tell you one thing. If not for my nihilistic views, I'd never have had the time to pour my heart into this ridiculous website lol.

Why?

Might as well, it's as worthwhile as anything else I could be doing :P

0x000005
image.png
0x000006
image.webp
0x000007
image.webp
0x000008silly thoughts ( im just a girl )
have-a-sweet-day.gif

i kinda agree with july . i think nothing has meaning in the first place , but meaning does develop . meaning also isnt static - things can stop having meaning and some other things may start .

i like the whole " nothing matters " approach , but i do like caring about things . i like liking things , i like having meaning . after all , i dont think life can even exist without meaning .

i dont think " nothing matters " even means everything has 0 meaning . we are all human beings , its in our nature to give things meanings . thats just what we do !

some things matters - and thats okay . what`s important ( to me at least ) is to not let meaning stop you . ( unless its like , a crime . like dont murder or anything )

0x000009
image.webp
0x00000a
image.webp
0x00000b

Meaning is subjective is a good way to put it, and also non static is a good descriptor. Like you said shai, not liking anything ever would be really lame.

However optimistic nihilism is a good coping strategy for some people, as there are a lot of things in the world that we will struggle to accept and live with. There is a lot of pain and suffering in this life. For me, nihilism is a means of letting it go and making peace with the apparent pointlessness of things.

Still others hear "nothing matters" and that doesn't sit well with them, even if they more or less agree about the subjectivity of existence. People prefer different perspectives I suppose.

Nothing is my god. Oblivion is my heaven. I'd have it no other way.

0x00000c

Definitely not a nihilist, at some point I realized absolutely everything has meaning deeply embedded in it. It's a very easy trap to fall into though, especially these days.

0x00000e
image.webp

I love how this thread is nothing but people who want to not contribute to the thread.